Aqua Cycling Classes
WHAT IS THE AQUACYCLING WORK-OUT?
The AQUACYCLING work-out is an underwater cycling class. The bikes are placed in a 88 degree pool and you pedal against the water resistance, with water up to the waist.
WHY IS THE AQUACYCLING WORK-OUT GOOD FOR YOU?
The human body contains about 60% of water. The AQUACYCLING work-out is for your body + your mind. Try it and you will feel so energized! Not only do you shape your body in a much more efficient way than on land but you also protect your health, your bone structure, your joints, your muscles. Aqua Hut Cycling is for anyone...
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
There are a couple different ways to get signed up. You can click on the button and get started that way through our mind and body website. Or if you have a smartphone click on the button for the mind and body app and download it for free. You can sign up for any class and create a user account. If you have any questions please give us a call at 419-531-4655.
All of our AQUACYCLING classes come with high-quality
equipment, which means you have complete control to customize the
intensity of your workout. Pair that with the benefit of water's low
impact and you've got a class that really is for anyone and everyone.
Our classes are perfect for those who are looking to add a little freshness to their fitness routines. They're great for those who are reintroducing movement after an injury. Even pregnant women love coming in and biking to our beats! Really - AQUACYCLING is for every body. We have Toledo's top spin instructors teaching Aqua Hut Cycling classes.
Top 10 reasons to AQUACYCLING
1. Yes! You can burn up to 800kcal per hour while cycling in the water. Thanks to the support and the pressure provided by the water, blood circulation is speeded up and fat elimination is facilitated. Our pool is a comfortable 88 degrees
2. Water friction acts as a massage for the legs, multiplying by two the stimulation and action on the cellulite, helping to eliminate it. Studies show the connection between the deep leg muscles - called postural muscles - and the lymphatic system. Water resistance and movement impact on both agonist and antagonist muscles and generate a natural massage that clearly improves the skin aspects and cellulite by draining the entire lymphatic system. The AQUACYCLING work-out becomes an active draining massage, highly effective.
3. The hydrostatic pressure of water combined with cycling movement considerably increase your blood flow and circulation, energizing your muscles, and reducing the symptoms of tired legs. Water pressure compensates the arterial pressure and improves circulation. If your blood circulates well, your legs feels lighter.
4. Whether you are an athlete in recovery, an active pregnant woman or you simply want to preserve the most precious thing you own, your body, the AQUACYCLING work-out will please you. Water's zero-gravity-feeling is perfect for people with muscular, joints or overweight problems. The water support your body weight. The AQUACYCLING work-out is fun and challenging impact-free work-out.
5. When you cycle in the water, don't be surprised if, the next day, you do not feel any pain. While in the water, you are preventing your body from any injuries or micro-trauma. Your muscles are working out nicely but efficiently.
6. When you usually feel sore after a land-base workout, you created micro damages in the muscle fibers and connective tissue. In the water, there is no impact your joints, muscles and bones and you are much less likely to cause any micro-trauma to your body.
7. Stress is reduced and sleep is improved. Posture, muscle relaxation and flexibility are improved.
8. While in the water, your heartbeat frequency is 10% lower than on land. You work at a higher intensity with a lower heart rate which helps improve your endurance.
9. Breathing well is the key to a good work-out. The air stimulates the blood flow and brings oxygen to your muscles which help them work better and get an efficient work-out. In the water, you don't feel out of breath. You increase your capacity in a gentle way.
10. The buoyancy of water allows you to move your joints in a wider range of motion than you could on land. The AQUACYCLING work-out is also a very good recovery work-out after a Marathon or any race, or intense land base work-out. It allows you to recover better and faster.
11.Cycling under water is a revolution in Europe and has already proven its numerous benefits on both health and beauty. Thanks to its positive impact on people's lives, 'aquabiking'has turned into a massive trend all over Europe. All media are relaying this extraordinary phenomenon and many sports clubs are now offering 'aquabiking' classes, transforming this physical therapy activity into a real group fitness work-out. Inspired by the concept of 'aquabiking', Aqua Hut will be Toledo's first AQUACYCLING facility.